Convicted Calif. cop killer gets death penalty
Alberto Alvarez murdered Officer Richard May in '06
San Francisco Chronicle
EAST PALO ALTO, Calif. — The "evil" killer of an East Palo Alto police officer showed no mercy or remorse as he stood over the fallen man and fired a final shot into his head, the officer's family said today in court before a judge sentenced the convicted murderer to death.
Alberto Alvarez, 26, showed no reaction as family members of Officer Richard May denounced him in a packed Redwood City courtroom. But he sighed as Superior Court Judge Craig Parsons followed an earlier jury decision and formally sentenced him to die by lethal injection for the 2006 killing.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Convicted Calif. cop killer gets death penalty
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'