Texas parolee said he would have killed a cop
Douglas Morse got 58 years for assaulting a police officer
WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Texas — A convicted felon is going to prison for 58 years after his sentencing Tuesday in Williamson County.
Douglas Morse, 43, was convicted of two counts of aggravated assault of a public servant, unauthorized use of a vehicle and evading arrest.
According to the district attorney's office, he was pulled over while driving a stolen car last year and then attacked the police officer and drove away in the officer's patrol car.
Before his trial, Morse spoke to his mother from jail, saying he would've been willing to kill that officer to get away.
“If I'd have known it was going to happen then I'd have had a gun on me and shot my way out. That's what I would have did,” he was recorded as saying. “I would rather have shot it out with him and either killed him or killed myself."
Read full story: Parolee gets 58 years for theft, flight, assault
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy