Inmate 'forgotten' in Calif. courthouse for 10 hours
The suspect was handcuffed and left in an attorney-client interview room
VALLEJO, Calif. — The Solano County Sheriff's Office is trying to figure out how a handcuffed, 57-year-old probationer was somehow misplaced in the Vallejo courthouse two weeks ago and then forgotten as court employees left for a long holiday weekend.
Fortunately, an alert janitor found the man before the building was completely deserted.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy