Families of slain Wash. police officers file suit
Clemmons vowed to kill police in jailhouse tapes
SEATTLE — The families of three police officers shot to death in a Washington state coffee shop last year are suing a county in the state, alleging its jail didn't heed warnings that should have kept the gunman behind bars, officials announced Thursday.
"This catastrophe, the worst law enforcement tragedy in the history of Washington state, was completely preventable," the lawsuits said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police