Committee: Use cops to staff new Los Angeles jail
A city panel signed off Monday on a plan to reassign 83 LAPD officers to work as jailers at new Metropolitan Detention Center
The Daily News of Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES — DILEMA: City hasn't been able to open detention center because of civilian hiring freeze.
Hoping to get the new Metropolitan Detention Center up and running by the end of January, a city panel signed off Monday on a plan to reassign 83 LAPD officers to work as jailers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police