Video: Parole board offers sympathy for slain cop
After releasing a man who went on to kill a cop, the parole board is now offering sympathy to the officer’s family
By PoliceOne Staff
WOBURN, Mass. — The chairman of the parole board that released the man who killed a Mass. officer last week made his first statement, offering sympathy to the officer’s family.
Dominic Cinelli, 57, was released in 2008, after a unanimous vote by the board. He was serving three life sentences at the time. On Dec. 26, he held up a Mass. jewelry counter and shot veteran police officer John Maguire.
A full report from the board is forthcoming, but the chairman’s statement can be heard in the video to the right.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman