Ex-Chicago cop accused of making threats in jail
Was allegedly involved with "threatening bodily harm"
By Natasha Korecki and Lark Turner
CHICAGO — A jailed former Chicago police officer who has yet to be indicted after a 2007 arrest on charges he ordered a hit on another cop was just flagged for making threats in the downtown jail where he's been housed for about four years.
Jerome Finnigan, 48, once a member of Chicago's now-disbanded Special Operations Section, was allegedly involved with "threatening bodily harm" while at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, according to a letter from prison officials to a federal judge.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-Chicago cop accused of making threats in jail
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house