Ex-Chicago cop accused of making threats in jail
Was allegedly involved with "threatening bodily harm"
By Natasha Korecki and Lark Turner
CHICAGO — A jailed former Chicago police officer who has yet to be indicted after a 2007 arrest on charges he ordered a hit on another cop was just flagged for making threats in the downtown jail where he's been housed for about four years.
Jerome Finnigan, 48, once a member of Chicago's now-disbanded Special Operations Section, was allegedly involved with "threatening bodily harm" while at the Metropolitan Correctional Center, according to a letter from prison officials to a federal judge.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-Chicago cop accused of making threats in jail
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help