Man charged in Chicago cop's murder
Officer Michael Bailey was weeks from retiring when he was shot
By Rummana Hussain and Stefano Esposito
CHICAGO — A little more than a year after Chicago Police Officer Michael Bailey was shot and killed just steps from his front door, a 24-year-old man already convicted of assaulting another officer was charged with Bailey's murder Tuesday.
Antwon Carter is charged with first-degree murder of a police officer and attempted armed robbery, according to Sally Daly, a spokeswoman for the Cook County state's attorney's office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man charged in Chicago cop's murder
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house