Death row inmate Troy Davis' plea rejected
The state of Ga. shot down the last-ditch clemency plea
SAVANNAH, Ga. — A last-ditch clemency plea from death row inmate Troy Davis has been rejected in the US state of Georgia.
Despite high-profile support from figures including the Pope and a former FBI director for the claim that he was wrongly convicted of killing a police officer in 1989, the Georgia's pardons board rejected his plea.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Death row inmate Troy Davis' plea rejected
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman