Bond denied for 2 charged with cop's murder
Chicago Police Officer Clifton Lewis was shot while working security at convenience store
By Kara Spak, Frank Mainand and Tina Sfondeles
CHICAGO — Two men were ordered held without bond Saturday for the murder of Chicago Police Officer Clifton Lewis, while Chicago Police brass vowed that anyone else involved will be brought to justice.
Tyrone Clay, 29, of the 5100 block of west Huron, and Edgardo Colon, 34, of the 5600 block of west Grand, were charged with first-degree murder of a peace officer as well as murder while in the commission of an armed robbery.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Bond denied for 2 charged with cop's murder
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house