NC killer's taunt: Death row means leisure
Inmate: State of North Carolina has taken the 'death' out of death row
RALEIGH, N.C. — A death row inmate accused of killing three women has written a taunting letter to his hometown newspaper, predicting he'll spend many years as a gentleman of leisure, watching color TV and enjoying frequent naps.
In fact, Hembree wrote, the state of North Carolina has taken the "death" out of death row.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NC killer's taunt: Death row means leisure
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests