After laughing at his crime, no bail for NY cop's shooter
Luis "Baby" Ortiz fired at the skull of 29-year-old Officer Kevin Brennan, who survived the shot
By William J. Gorta, Larry Celona and Bob Fredericks
The New York Post
NEW YORK — A sobering night in police custody wiped the smirk right off the face of the alleged would-be "assassin" who thought firing a bullet into the head of a hero police officer was a giant joke.
Luis "Baby" Ortiz stood stone-faced and silent in court yesterday as a Brooklyn judge ordered him held without bail.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy