Utah inmate could die by firing squad
The state of Utah accepted the firing squad request in Michael Archuleta's execution
By Phil Gast
SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah death row inmate, convicted of beating a man with a tire jack and puncturing his liver with an inserted tire iron, has requested that he be allowed to die by firing squad, officials said Thursday.
Fourth District Judge Donald Eyre on Wednesday signed such a death warrant for Michael A. Archuleta, 49.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Utah inmate could die by firing squad
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms