Md. police shoot, kill escaped inmate
When officers approached the inmate, he fired multiple shots, but missed
CENTREVILLE, Md. — A police officer shot and killed a 25-year-old inmate after he escaped from a Queen Anne's County correctional facility and fired a gun at police on Wednesday, authorities said.
Maryland State Police spokesman Greg Shipley identified the inmate as Michael J. Schluderberg, of Baltimore. Police said around 6 p.m. Schluderberg walked off from the Eastern Correctional Institution Pre-Release Unit in Church Hill, where he was serving a three-year sentence for second degree assault.
A short time later Queen Anne's Sheriff's deputies were called to the 600 block of Carvel Place Road for a reported break-in. The homeowner told police that he had returned home to find a loaded handgun, as well as several magazines of ammunition and other items had been stolen.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. police shoot, kill escaped inmate
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds