Former Sgt. Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years
He could have received as many as 60 years in prison; Illinois does not have a death penalty
By Greg Botelho
WILL COUNTY, Ill. — After years policing Illinois streets for criminals, Drew Peterson is now among them — and will be for more than three decades, a judge ruled Thursday.
Will County Judge Edward Burmila sentenced Peterson to 38 years in prison in the murder of his third ex-wife, Kathleen Savio, said state's attorney spokesman Charles B. Pelkie.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Former Sgt. Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests