2 San Antonio jailers fight, 1 taken to hospital
Investigators are trying to determine what sparked Sunday's incident at the jail, both jailers are on leave
SAN ANTONIO — Two detention officers at a South Texas jail have gotten into a fight, and one has been sent to the hospital.
The Bexar (bayr) County Sheriff's Office says investigators are trying to determine what sparked Sunday's incident at the jail in San Antonio.
Sheriff's spokesman Paul Berry says what started as a disagreement between the two officers escalated into a physical altercation. Other jailers broke up the fight. Authorities say the jailer who was hurt has injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The names of the two detention officers haven't been released. Both have been put on administrative leave.
Further details weren't immediately released.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help