Suspect fresh from jail kills elderly couple, rapes child
Jerry Andrew Active murdered two and sexually assaulted another less than 12 hours after he was released from prison
ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A man suspected of killing an elderly Alaska couple and sexually assaulting their 2-year-old great-granddaughter over the weekend had been released from jail just hours earlier.
The Anchorage Daily News reports Alaska Department of Corrections records show 24-year-old Jerry Andrew Active was released from jail shortly after 8 a.m. Saturday.
The attacks on the couple and the toddler occurred less than 12 hours later. Active had been in the Anchorage Correctional Complex on a probation violation.
Active has been charged with murder, sexual assault, sexual abuse of a minor and burglary. A judge set bail at $1.5 million.
Corrections officials say Active has been in and out of jail for years.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help