Police: Handcuffed man stole Pa. police cruiser
State police say they arrested 26-year-old Anthony Fox on drug offenses before stealing the squad, then crashing it
NANTY GLO, Pa. — A Pennsylvania man has been accused of stealing a state police cruiser and leading officers on a chase — after he had been handcuffed.
State police say they arrested 26-year-old Anthony Fox on drug offenses Saturday night in Nanty Glo, 60 miles east of Pittsburgh. They say he somehow got free from his seatbelt in the back of a police cruiser, got his cuffed hands in front of him and drove away.
Police say they gave chase and caught up to the Smicksburg man after he crashed the car in front of an apartment building in nearby Jackson Township.
Fox is in the Cambria County Prison on charges including escape, theft, driving under the influence and possession of drug paraphernalia. Online court records don't list an attorney for him.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police