ICE arrests 255 people in child exploitation cases
ICE officials say they also identified 61 child victims in the five-week operation that ended June 30
WASHINGTON — Immigration and Customs Enforcement says it has arrested 255 people in an international child exploitation investigation.
ICE officials say they also identified 61 child victims in the five-week operation that ended June 30.
Twenty people were charged with online sexual enticement of a minor. The remaining 235 people were charged with child pornography production, possession or distribution of child pornography, traveling with the intent to have sex with a minor, or other various offenses including rape.
So far this year, agents have arrested more than 1,600 people in such investigations.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police