Robbers steal $200K with 'white' masks, cop clothes
The 3 black men were inspired by the masks used in Ben Affleck's 'The Town'
By Selim Algar
The New York Post
NEW YORK — Somebody deserves an Oscar for special effects.
A crafty trio of black robbers bought lifelike disguises from a special-effects firm to transform themselves into white cops for a Queens heist — and their get-ups were so good, their victims had no clue they were in masks.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy