Robbers steal $200K with 'white' masks, cop clothes
The 3 black men were inspired by the masks used in Ben Affleck's 'The Town'
By Selim Algar
The New York Post
NEW YORK — Somebody deserves an Oscar for special effects.
A crafty trio of black robbers bought lifelike disguises from a special-effects firm to transform themselves into white cops for a Queens heist — and their get-ups were so good, their victims had no clue they were in masks.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help