Homeless man robs bank of $1 for health care in jail
The man handed the bank teller a note that read, "This is a holdup. Give me a dollar"
PORTLAND, Ore. — A man allegedly robbed a bank for $1 and then waited there for deputies to arrest him, Clackamas County sheriff's deputies said.
Deputies said he did so as a way to go back to jail to receive free medical care.
The 50-year-old man entered the bank branch at 9171 S.E. 82nd Ave., demanded the buck, received it and then went and had a seat in the lobby, deputies said.
- Bizarre Beat
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert