Homeless man robs bank of $1 for health care in jail
The man handed the bank teller a note that read, "This is a holdup. Give me a dollar"
PORTLAND, Ore. — A man allegedly robbed a bank for $1 and then waited there for deputies to arrest him, Clackamas County sheriff's deputies said.
Deputies said he did so as a way to go back to jail to receive free medical care.
The 50-year-old man entered the bank branch at 9171 S.E. 82nd Ave., demanded the buck, received it and then went and had a seat in the lobby, deputies said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help