Iowa cops, COs compete for hairiest for cancer awareness
No Shave November raises money for cancer patients and increases awareness of men's health, specifically prostate cancer
By Molly Montag
Sioux City Journal
SIOUX CITY — Deputy David Benson and Jeromy Stroman, a corrections officer, have some interesting predictions about who of their counterparts at the Woodbury County Sheriff's Office will have the best beard at the end of the month.
The department participated in a beard-growing fundraiser, No Shave November, to raise money for cancer patients and increase awareness of men's health, specifically prostate cancer.
So far, they've raised approximately $1,300 for the June E. Nylen Cancer Center in Sioux City.
- Police Humor
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter