Video: CO arrested over mishandling of inmate
Charles Craig Broaderick was charged with battery for hitting the inmates head on the wall after he spit
By Austin L. Miller
MARION COUNTY, Fla. — A Marion County Sheriff's Office corrections officer was arrested Tuesday, accused of slamming the head of a man who was handcuffed into a concrete wall at the Marion County Jail in early October, according to officials and video surveillance released by the agency.
Charles Craig Broaderick was charged with battery and turned himself into the jail, where bond for the 41-year-old was set at $2,000.
A press release issued by the MCSO states that on Nov. 25 State Attorney's Office officials met with members of Sheriff Chris Blair's staff in reference to the incident.
“Employees of the Marion County Sheriff's Office are expected, and required, to maintain the highest level of integrity and accountability in our dealings with the public — including inmates incarcerated in the Marion County Jail,” the release noted.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- PD removes 'Blue Lives Matter,' Punisher car decals after criticism
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Report: Hiring standards may be lowered to meet Border Patrol staffing goal
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber