11 injured in explosion at Calif. jail
The blast happened in the oven at the prison’s kitchen; one person suffered critical injuries
By PoliceOne Staff
DUBLIN, Calif. — Alameda County Fire officials have confirmed that 11 people have been injured in an explosion at the Santa Rita Jail in Dublin and at least one person suffered critical injuries.
The blast happened in the oven at the prison’s kitchen around 11:40 a.m. Tuesday, according to CBS.
Four people have been taken to a nearby hospital and another seven people were treated at the jail infirmary.
Santa Rita is the third largest jail in California.
More information will be available as this story develops.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help