Suspect in custody for Texas officer's murder
Henry Goedrich Magee, 28, is suspected of capital murder for the death of Sgt. Adam Sowders
CALDWELL, Texas — Authorities in Central Texas have identified a 28-year-old man they are accusing of killing a sheriff's deputy serving a warrant.
The Burleson County Sheriff's Office on Friday said that Henry Goedrich Magee has been arrested on suspicion of capital murder of a peace officer in the death of Sgt. Adam Sowders.
Authorities say Sowders was part of a team of deputies at a rural home east of Somerville, about 90 miles northwest of Houston. Gunfire rang out shortly after the deputies entered the home just before 6 a.m. Thursday.
Magee is being held on $1 million bond, pending his indictment.
A person who answered the phone at Magee's residence Friday declined to comment or say if Magee had an attorney.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman