Missing Fla. CO found dead in pond
The body of a missing corrections officer has been located in a retention pond across the street from the motel where he was last seen
Duty Death: Darrel Conner - [Brevard County, Florida]
End of Service: 03/05/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. — The body of a missing corrections officer has been located in a retention pond across the street from the motel where he was last seen.
Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey confirmed that Darryl Conner's body had been located, according to WESH. An investigation into how Conner died is under way.
"We lost one of our own today," Ivey said of the incident during a press conference.
- Officer Safety
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend