Missing Fla. CO found dead in pond
The body of a missing corrections officer has been located in a retention pond across the street from the motel where he was last seen
Duty Death: Darrel Conner - [Brevard County, Florida]
End of Service: 03/05/2014
By PoliceOne Staff
BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. — The body of a missing corrections officer has been located in a retention pond across the street from the motel where he was last seen.
Brevard County Sheriff Wayne Ivey confirmed that Darryl Conner's body had been located, according to WESH. An investigation into how Conner died is under way.
"We lost one of our own today," Ivey said of the incident during a press conference.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help