Video: Judge tells killer 'I hope you die in prison'
The judge was disgusted by the woman's smirks and snickering during her sentencing for the death of her boyfriend
JACKSON, Mich. — A Michigan judge didn't hold back his feelings towards a defiant convicted killer in his courtroom.
Camia Gamet, 31, received a life sentence Wednesday for the brutal murder of her boyfriend Marcel Hill two years ago. Judge John McBain said it was 'one of the worst cold-blooded murders he's ever seen.'
During the sentencing, Hill's family member spoke and Gamet could be seen rolling her eyes and snickering. At one point, Gamet interrupted Hill's aunt saying, 'Is that it?"
At that point, McBain had enough. "You're going to shut your mouth or I'm going to have some duct tape put on it. "You were relentless. You stabbed. You stabbed. You stabbed. You stabbed. You stabbed until he was dead," he said.
In March, a jury convicted Gamet of the murder. Prosecutors said she stabbed Hill 11 times. "She used a fillet knife to gut him like a fish," said McBain.
"I hope you die in prison. If this was a death penalty state, you'd be getting the chair."
Gamet's defense plans to appeal the sentence. They say she acted in self-defense.
Reprinted with permission from MyFoxDetroit
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert