NY deputy loses battle with cancer
Deputy Carrie Merrick with the Livingston County Sheriff’s Department recently lost her battle with cancer
By PoliceOne Staff
LIVINGSTON COUNTY, N.Y. — Deputy Carrie Merrick with the Livingston County Sheriff’s Department recently lost her battle with cancer.
According to WHEC, Merrick was hired in 2007 and assigned to the Corrections Division.
“Our hearts are heavy with the passing of our colleague and friend. We are forever indebted and thankful to Deputy Merrick for her service and friendship,” said Livingston County Sheriff Thomas Dougherty. “We ask that you all keep the Merrick and Sawdey families in your thoughts and prayers.”
Merrick’s funeral will be held at St. Mary’s Churhc in Geneseo on Thursday at 10 a.m.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform