CO could face charges in death of K-9 left in hot car
K-9 Ike died last month after he was left locked inside a hot sport utility vehicle for several hours
By Nicole Garcia
PHOENIX — An Arizona Department of Corrections officer could be facing charges in the death of his K-9 partner, "Ike."
Ike died last month after he was left locked inside a hot sport utility vehicle for several hours.
The results of the investigation into Ike's death were released Friday. In this report, Ike's handler, Officer Jesse Durantes, says it was an accident. He forgot the dog was in the back of the SUV when he parked it at the prison, then went home for the day.
Full Story: DOC releases investigative report on K-9's death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy