Police investigate blast outside Ga. courthouse
The Associated Press
HINESVILLE, Ga.- An explosion erupted outside the Liberty County Courthouse early Saturday, and police were investigating the possibility that a crude explosive device had been set off.
Officials said parts and evidence recovered by authorities led them to believe the explosion may have been caused by a crude explosive device.
Calls to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the sheriff's office weren't immediately returned Saturday. A Hinesville City police official would confirm only that an investigation was underway.
Hinesville is about 40 miles southwest of Savannah.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman