Police investigate blast outside Ga. courthouse
The Associated Press
HINESVILLE, Ga.- An explosion erupted outside the Liberty County Courthouse early Saturday, and police were investigating the possibility that a crude explosive device had been set off.
Officials said parts and evidence recovered by authorities led them to believe the explosion may have been caused by a crude explosive device.
Calls to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and the sheriff's office weren't immediately returned Saturday. A Hinesville City police official would confirm only that an investigation was underway.
Hinesville is about 40 miles southwest of Savannah.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests