Man under arrest flees in second major escape this month in Atlanta
The Associated Press
ATLANTA- A man arrested on drug and weapons charges fled from a police van Tuesday, the second major escape this month in a city where another inmate is accused of a deadly courthouse shooting rampage last March.
Students at eight schools in Atlanta were kept inside until classes ended while authorities searched unsuccessfully for Daniels.
Earlier this month, a man charged with marijuana possession, reckless conduct and cruelty to children fled from the county jail as he was being taken in. He was found nearby three hours later. Eleven Atlanta schools were locked down during the search.
On March 11, a Fulton County prisoner overpowered a deputy and escaped from the courthouse in downtown Atlanta. A judge, a court reporter and another deputy were shot to death. Brian Nichols is charged with murder.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police