Safety concerns at Calif. courthouse following prisoner's escape
By Ellen Thompson
Stockton Record (CA)
FRENCH CAMP, Calif. — Changes are under way at the San Joaquin County Jail and Superior Court since Eric Hu escaped from the jail last month, sheriff's officials said.
Hu is still at large, and investigators say they are looking for the 32-year-old fugitive, who is suspected of attempted murder and other crimes.
An internal probe into Hu's April 9 escape from the jail revealed at least one mistake by an unidentified deputy who did not walk inmates returning from court to the minimum-security Honor Farm, said Deputy Les Garcia, a spokesman for the Sheriff's Office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds