Use of warning shot at Tenn. courthouse questioned
By Don Jacobs and Ron Clayton
The Knoxville News-Sentinel
MONROE COUNTY, Tenn. — When secretary Michelle Graves heard screaming and a gunshot outside her office at the Monroe County courthouse Friday morning, she took cover.
"I went under my desk. My hands were shaking," said Graves, who has been on the job for six months.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help