Court deputy fatally shoots knife-wielding man
The Fresno Bee
MERCED, CA — The man shot dead at the Merced County Superior Courthouse on Monday afternoon was a diagnosed schizophrenic with a history of run-ins with the law.
Robert Gerald Eaton, 40, of Atwater was shot by a sheriff’s deputy after he walked into a packed courtroom about 2:45 p.m. carrying two large kitchen knives. Eaton is the same man who crashed his car into the courthouse building in April 2007. He told authorities then that he was angry that he had been refused treatment at a local mental health facility.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Court deputy fatally shoots knife-wielding man
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests