5 years after Ga. rampage, courthouses aren't safer
Anger followed Nichols' spree, but many security plans still aren't in play
By Rhonda Cook
ATLANTA — Five years ago, after Brian Nichols shot up the Fulton County Courthouse and killed three people there, authorities vowed to aggressively address security shortcomings.
Committees were formed. Meetings were held. And money was spent, at first.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman