Musical magazine prompts Idaho courthouse evacuation
A bomb squad sent a robot into the building to handle the package
POCATELLO, Idaho — Authorities say a package containing a magazine with a musical device, similar to those in greeting cards, prompted the evacuation of a federal courthouse in southeastern Idaho.
Police determined the package did not pose a threat.
U.S. Marshals notified local authorities when they found the suspicious package Tuesday morning during a regular search of the Pocatello courthouse building. Between 30 and 40 people were evacuated, and a bomb squad sent a robot into the building to handle the package.
The threat was cleared Tuesday afternoon. The court's websites says the building remains closed for the evening and will be open during normal hours Wednesday.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper