FULL LIST OF Crisis Topics
Basic Negotiation Techniques for 911 Operators/Dispatch–
When it comes to crisis situations what dispatchers and 911 operators say, and how they say it, could significantly effect the outcome. Jan Dubina, retired after 30 years of service with the Phoenix Police Department, 21 years of which as part of the Negotiations Team, discusses the various types of incidents, what objects are for each, active listening skills, proper language to use and do’s and don’ts when communicating with a suspect.
IACP Quick Take: Rapid response during a crisis helps PDs get ahead of message–
Police departments are adopting new policies that are forcing them to get in front of the press to mitigate public and media uproar
P1 Weekly Update for 04/12/2013–
In this week's update, Dave Smith talks about several LODDs that were caused by heart attacks in the past weeks, the hostage crisis in which 4 firefighters were held captive, and a stabbing rampage at a Texas community college that left 14 students wounded.
Reality Training: High-Speed Pursuit with Dying Dog–
This training video demonstrates how police officers, when thrust into a crisis involving a man and his dying dog, balance officer survival, public safety, and compassion.
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help