Autopsy contradicts claims of suspect shot, then beaten, by Ohio officers
Jim Nichols, Plain Dealer Reporter
Copyright 2006 Plain Dealer Publishing Co.
Witnesses claim that Cleveland police beat a mortally wounded man seconds after an officer shot him on Cleveland's East Side Saturday, but the county coroner said an autopsy found no signs of a beating.
"There were no bruises - no other injuries other than the gunshot wounds," Cuyahoga County Coroner Elizabeth Balraj said Sunday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Trooper under investigation for calling ICE to report illegal immigrant
- Police say newly freed gang member killed Calif. officer
- Bystander helps officer under attack by jumping on suspect's back
- Sheriff Joe successor pulls back on immigration holds in jails
- Ala. church asks for its own police department