DNA links Calif. man to brutal kidnapping, murder; 40-year-old cold case closed
Copley News Service
SAN DIEGO — A man who police say is linked by DNA to the brutal kidnap rape and murder of an Ohio teenager almost 39 years ago may be in San Diego County, and authorities have issued a warrant for his arrest.
Robert Bowman, 70, is wanted in connection with the murder of 14-year-old Eileen Adams, whose beaten and strangled body was discovered in Monroe, Michigan, six weeks after she was reported missing from her Ohio home in December 1967.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. sheriff told to disarm before entering arena for charity event
- More than 200 police chiefs criticize Trump’s 'law and order' executive actions
- Video: Nashville cop fatally shoots armed man, NAACP wants probe
- Video: NY trooper arrests suspect after being dragged by vehicle
- Booby trap impales officer investigating marijuana grow operation