DNA links Calif. man to brutal kidnapping, murder; 40-year-old cold case closed
Copley News Service
SAN DIEGO — A man who police say is linked by DNA to the brutal kidnap rape and murder of an Ohio teenager almost 39 years ago may be in San Diego County, and authorities have issued a warrant for his arrest.
Robert Bowman, 70, is wanted in connection with the murder of 14-year-old Eileen Adams, whose beaten and strangled body was discovered in Monroe, Michigan, six weeks after she was reported missing from her Ohio home in December 1967.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help