DNA cases may strain LAPD's resources
Patrick McGreevy, Times Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Los Angeles Times
All Rights Reserved
The Los Angeles Police Department lacks the resources to handle a wave of cold-case investigations expected to result from evidence gathered through a new state program that collects DNA from convicted criminals, officials said Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: DNA cases may strain LAPD's resources
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms