DNA cases may strain LAPD's resources
Patrick McGreevy, Times Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Los Angeles Times
All Rights Reserved
The Los Angeles Police Department lacks the resources to handle a wave of cold-case investigations expected to result from evidence gathered through a new state program that collects DNA from convicted criminals, officials said Monday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: DNA cases may strain LAPD's resources
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house