DNA given voluntarily links Calif. man to rape
Sample was intended for his brother's case
By Brandon Bailey
San Jose Mercury News
CAMPBELL, Calif. — When David Pearman gave investigators a sample of his DNA, he knew it might help them link his older brother to the brutal 1983 rape and murder of a Campbell teenager.
But last week, detectives came knocking at Pearman's door again. This time, they said, his DNA had connected Pearman to a separate horrendous crime - the rape of an 81-year-old San Jose woman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: DNA given voluntarily links Calif. man to rape
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman