Iowa agency trains police to handle abductions
Training focuses on kidnap cases; A two-day law enforcement course in southwest Iowa will go over basic search techniques as well as child predator cases.
By Jason Kuiper
California Gov. Gray Davis wraps up a news conference after signing the AMBER Alert Bill Thursday, Sept. 12, 2002, in Monterey Park, Calif. (AP Photo/Ric Francis)
Other cases have had far different endings, such as the abduction and slaying of Amber Harris. The 12-year-old Omaha girl disappeared in November 2005 while walking home after school from a bus stop at Florence Boulevard and Pinkney Street. Her remains were found in May 2006 in Hummel Park.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Iowa agency trains police to handle abductions
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman