LAPD's public map omits 40 percent of '09 crimes
By Ben Welsh and Doug Smith
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Police Department's online crime map intended for public use has failed to include nearly 40% of serious crimes reported in the city, a Times analysis has found.
The omissions, which date back at least six months, include thousands of crimes known to LAPD officials and are included in their official crime statistics.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: LAPD's public map omits 40 percent of '09 crimes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman