Florida couple's killing frustrating police authorities
By Marisol Bello
With every clue, every witness and every surveillance tape, Escambia County Sheriff's investigators are asking as many questions as they can answer in the shooting deaths of a Pensacola, Fla., couple known for adopting 13 special-needs children.
Byrd and Melanie Billings were shot to death Thursday night after a home invasion and robbery that involved as many as seven men, Sheriff David Morgan said at a news conference Monday. Nine of their children were in the house but were unharmed, he said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house