Chicago police recording homicide witness statements on camera
By Annie Sweeney
CHICAGO — Chicago police have extended the use of electronic recordings by offering some witnesses to homicides the opportunity to tell their story on camera.
The pilot project in one of the five police areas was conceived by detectives who were already required to record interrogations of homicide suspects.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house