Chicago police recording homicide witness statements on camera
By Annie Sweeney
CHICAGO — Chicago police have extended the use of electronic recordings by offering some witnesses to homicides the opportunity to tell their story on camera.
The pilot project in one of the five police areas was conceived by detectives who were already required to record interrogations of homicide suspects.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help