Law enforcement catching up with terrorists, cyber criminals that use Internet to connect
Terrorists recruit on file-host sites
By Shaun Waterman
Terrorists using Internet techniques pioneered by child molesters and copyright pirates to recruit new followers lost a battle when Pakistani authorities arrested five Americans who reportedly wanted to join the jihad.
But videos, audios and written missives from Osama bin Laden and militant Muslim clerics continue to flow through cyberspace in an effort to attract new followers, experts say.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help