New NJ cold-case unit nabs 30-year fugitive
The unit works with U.S. marshals to dig up clues to old cases
By Mike Newall
ATLANTA COUNTY, N.J. — Thirty years ago, Lorenzo Carter was a suspected Jamaican drug smuggler carving out turf in Atlantic City during the Wild West days at the start of the town's casino era.
One spring morning in 1980, say police, Carter walked up to a green Cadillac idling at a rundown intersection and opened fire with a handgun, killing a passenger also believed to be in the drug game.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New NJ cold-case unit nabs 30-year fugitive
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman