Ill. cops launch new effort to ID serial killer victims
The Cook County Sheriff's Office says new technology has allowed it to obtain DNA profiles
CHICAGO — More than three decades after the arrest of serial killer John Wayne Gacy, authorities in Chicago have launched a new effort to identify eight of his 33 victims.
The Cook County Sheriff's Office says new technology has allowed it to obtain DNA profiles for the eight victims, whose remains were recovered from Gacy's house in late 1978 and early 1979 but were never identified.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests