Fingerprint system speeds arrests in Ohio
2 dozen cases have been solved in a year, and 7 arrests have been made
The Columbus Dispatch
WESTERVILLE, Ohio — Westerville's latest crime-fighting tool has helped clear about two-dozen investigations after a year on the job.
The Automated Fingerprint Identification System most recently cracked a car-theft case that had been frustrating neighbors along a quiet street.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fingerprint system speeds arrests in Ohio
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms