Smiths Detection introduces Target-ID to identify drugs onsite
Portable device offers a forensic lab in the palm of your hand
By PoliceOne Staff
Target-ID is the first fourier-transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy system developed specifically for field deployed narcotics identification that will be released in 10 language configurations.
The device weighs in at 5.4 pounds and measures art 10.05 x 6.15 x 3.87 inch. Target ID is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery that offers 4 hours of operation on a single charge.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter